Saturday 22 October 2011

Les aventures...



J`aime être une touriste.... j`aime faire des nouveaux amis.... j`aime les défis...

Can`t believe it has been 7 weeks of school at this point! I am happy to say that I am picking up more French and not feeling as much like a tourist! I am loving my roomies... and my friends at school & church! It is pretty amazing that no matter where we go we can be connected to a bigger family!

I feel like I have been learning so much at school! I look forward to my guitar lesson each week with my talented prof. :) And who knew I would love researching and writing papers! Getting into the swing of things... it is starting to get busy! Currently working on a paper on Leadership... loving all that I am learning!

The aptitude of a leader determines the effectiveness of a person. - John Maxwell

A characteristic of a leader is discipline - they work while others waste time, they study while others sleep, they pray while others play. - Oswald

Fun little things these past couple of weeks...



.... apple picking - a tradition in Quebec to go to the apple orchard farms to pick your own apples! A new friend Afiwa took me to explore the countryside with her brother and his girlfriend! We had a great time and snacked on lots of apples while we were picking!



... botanical gardens - being whisked away to the Orient with the latern display! What a fun evening with some new friends! And we got to visit the insectarium and look at hairy tarantulas!

... an intestive week with two talented worship leaders - Stéphane Quéry and Dan Luiten! What a priviledge to hear their passion for God, music, and others! And to finish off the week we created a song! It isn`t easy collaborating with a group of 8 people, but at the same time it was very rewarding!


... Toby Mac concert - ran into a friend that I met 3 years ago in Vancouver as I got to volunteer with Compassion Canada! It is a small world!




... suprise bday party for my roomie Julie! At the café her friends told her they wanted to pick up a dessert, but there we all were ready for a delicious chocolate fondue! Mmm...

... ice hockey - after an amazing save I was feeling all fired up to skate around and CRASH! I collided with another player and fell and re-dislocated my shoulder! I am praying for a quick recovery!



3 comments:

  1. Oohhhh i like your pic!! ;-)
    Anne-Laure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment ss is there? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to write. It was fun to read about all that you've been up to. Sounds like you are living a great adventure. Hope your shoulder heals quick!
    - Amber

    ReplyDelete